mail alert on nagios

Harry John irvine.harris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 00:07:10 CEST 2007

Hi Gentlemen,

i've just installed nagios2.9 on a centos 4.5 and is running fine.
I'am just monitoing ping of some machines and everything goes on very well.

im quite newb to linux and is just few days using it. i wanted to send mail
alerts through my corporate exchange server (relay)
found this link interesting
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Utilities.16.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=698

and i did what it said (proving host,domain...editing commands.cfg and
contacts.cfg)
..but where should I keep my script? it says
*I put this in the nagios plugins directory /usr/local/nagios/libexec but
you can put it anywhere.*
but how will nagios know from where to run the script.
and just giving
*perl **send_mail.pl*
<http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Utilities.16.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[download]=1&tx_netnagext_pi1[path]=ofH1D1lLZOyQXUYzARvtBjz6kQZwtiNTBX0np%252FHYvQP9VevEGJYup14%252By6xewcLmSlqo%252FixQ%252FqDHKxj1IFh00Q%253D%253D&tx_netnagext_pi1[file]=pQ000HjJ0dsOfi0sOleplO7Jam5ti95wl613o7cZyTE%253D&tx_netnagext_pi1[project]=Nagios%2520Alert%2520Emailer&tx_netnagext_pi1[ext]=.pl>gives
out errors also.

what is the general method to send a mail to your office mail?

i wud also be thankful if you can guide me in configuring NRPE and nsclient
to monitor services in windows servers.

Thanks in advance
Harry