alerts

Brian Loe knobdy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 18:15:29 CET 2007

On 1/29/07, Morris, Patrick <patrick.morris at hp.com> wrote:
> Everything you've showed looks normal.  That lock file is only checked
> when Nagios starts up, to see if it's already running.  It doesn't need
> any group-write permissions, and isn't even looked at when an alert is
> sent.
>
> Chances are you changed your configs and the changes weren't reloaded,
> because Nagios didn't successfully restart.

The config check (nagios -v) shows everything as fine. Log file shows
Nagios coming up fine. Its not sending ANY alerts, via the old e-mail
method or the new pager method I created. In alert history this is the
only thing "unusual" - and I've always stopped/started nagios the same
way: kill process -> /etc/init.d/nagios start

And I haven't changed anything in the main configuration file since
before alerting stopped, the only thing I've really changes is
misccommands.cfg.