alerts

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Mon Jan 29 18:02:38 CET 2007

> On 1/29/07, Josh Yost <Josh.Yost at epsiia.com> wrote:
> > > Program End[01-22-2007 11:35:01] Lockfile
> > > '/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.lock' is held by PID 8228. Bailing
> > > out...
> > >

> > Try killing all nagios processes, erase the lock file, and start
> > Nagios again.
> >
> > See if that helps at all.
>
> When I kill the nagios process (there's only one according to "ps fax
> | grep nagios") the lock file is removed.
>
> I did just notice something interesting though, with the
> permissions, are they correct?

[snip]

Everything you've showed looks normal.  That lock file is only checked
when Nagios starts up, to see if it's already running.  It doesn't need
any group-write permissions, and isn't even looked at when an alert is
sent.

Chances are you changed your configs and the changes weren't reloaded,
because Nagios didn't successfully restart.