problems with Nagios Looking Glass

Tue Jan 23 17:22:12 CET 2007

Hi Mark,

If you enable the debugging option in the client/s3_config_stub.inc.php
file ($Stub_ClientEnableDebugging) to 1, then visit
"http://nagioshost/nlg/client/?debug=yes", that will generate your
debugging output, but I'm guessing it will go as far as the error it's
already generated in the front-end.

1.0.0#PRE didn't give any error messages apart from "feed download
failed" - that was fixed in 1.0.0.
1.0.1 literally only changed one line of code, so it's strange if it's
giving you a different error to 1.0.0. :S

As a private e-mail, can you send me your config files and the debug
output?  (Obviously strip any usernames/passwords out of your config
before-hand!)

Just glancing over your e-mail, is this just an oversight, or is this
actually in your config?  - You say you're using the same server as both
client and server, and your client address starts http://nagioshost, but
your server address starts http://nagios - this would cause the delay
you're seeing, but I think I'm being a bit hopeful that this is all it is ;)

As per your question about authentication, the sync'd files are
requested from the normal file-system (when configured), but the poller
still uses a HTTP request - this is something I'm hoping to change in 1.0.2.

FYI you don't have to put NLG in the share directory of Nagios - I've
done exactly the same trick as you did with my server feed, and my
client UI is sitting on a completely different server to Nagios.

Thanks

Andy.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834