System call sent warnings to stderr message

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Jan 19 14:26:26 CET 2007

Hi there --

When I manually run check_nrpe -H <host> -n -c check_total_procs on the Nagios
server, I get the System call sent warnings to stderr message. This is also true
when I ran the above command with check_zombie_procs.

I then went to the client system, and ran the check_procs command as the nagios
user with the following syntax for checking zombie processes:

./check_procs -w 5 -c 10 -s Z

The response I got was the following:
	System call sent warnings to stderr

I ran the check_procs command again as the nagios users to check the total
amount of processes:

./check_procs -w 150 -c 200

The response this time was the following:
	System call sent warnings to stderr
	PROCS WARNING: 77 processes

> The error message that I am getting for both services is the
following:

> System call sent warnings to stderr message
>

> What changes should I make to correct this? Thanks.

What's the error that you see when you run check_nrpe as the nagios user
on your nagios machine? If you see only the error above there, what is
the error that you see when you run check_procs as the nrpe user on your
destination machine? One or the other is sending error messages to
stderr that nagios doesn't capture. I would guess that there's a problem
running check_procs on the destination host.

--
Marc

::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS when reporting any
issue.

THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL.  ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.