NRPE Check Slow Response

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jan 18 22:19:03 CET 2007

Nagios--
> >remote server (nrpe)-->command and results back? I have included some

It looks like you answered your own question. I wouldn't consider them
normal though. Have you enabled debug mode for NRPE to see if you see
anything interesting? Truss on both sides could yield interesting
information as well. Are you running nrpe from inetd? If so, could you
have some restriction or requirement in place that's delaying the
connection? rDNS lookup, CPS, or something like that?

--
Marc