NRPE Check Slow Response

Edwin Zoeller Edwin.Zoeller at ama-assn.org
Thu Jan 18 20:00:44 CET 2007

I have a perl script that is reside on one of our Solaris Production
servers that is called from our Nagios server via the "check_nrpe"
command. I have been told that we are reporting failures that are not
really failures. Can anyone tell me if there is latency between
Nagios-->remote server (nrpe)-->command and results back? I have
included some timings that I did this morning.

Thanks,

Ed

The following was run from the Nagios server using check_nrpe

Nagios Server
netmont01# timex ./check_nrpe -H prds01 -t 120 -c check_advantage
Ok

real       24.61
user        0.01
sys         0.00

The following was run on the remote server executing the same command
without using nrpe

Remote Server
prds01# timex check_advantage

real        0.97