Using external commands with web interface

nagios nagios at ayksolutions.com
Mon Jan 15 20:24:24 CET 2007

Marc,

You hit it right on the head. The problem was with the wrong httpd user
assigned to the nagcmd group. I followed the instructions in the
following link:
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/commandfile.html

Did everything correct except for assigning "nobody" to nagcmd instead
of 'apache'. After viewing the /etc/group file and changing nobody to
apache and then restarting httpd, it works just fine and I am able to
use the web interface.

Thanks again and hopefully this will help someone else too