Some spezial nagios 2.6 questions

Dmitriy Kirhlarov dimma at higis.ru
Mon Jan 15 14:57:33 CET 2007

Hi!

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 12:56:01PM +0100, Daniel wrote:

> i have some questions about nagios 2.6 and config issue's.
>
> First, i want to know if it is possible to say:
>
> "alert me every X minutes" when the down status isn't changed to up.
> I makes me nervouse to get every 10 minutes a sms where i can see
> "Host is down"... its enough when i see it every 1 Hour for example.
> I dont want to change it globaly, only per host.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html

You need option notification_interval, I think.
Possible, you can be interested in
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/escalations.html

> Next questions is:
>
> I get a sms where i can see: PING WARNING - Packet loss = 20%, RTA = 17.12 ms
>
> I setup in the host config following:
>
>  check_command                   check_ping!200.0,40%!700.0,60%

Check your checkcommands.cfg:
grep -A 3 -B 2 -E "^.*command_name.*check_ping" checkcommands.cfg

WBR
Dmitriy