Some spezial nagios 2.6 questions

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Jan 15 15:19:49 CET 2007

You probably want notification_interval -
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html)

> Next questions is:
>
> I get a sms where i can see: PING WARNING - Packet loss = 20%, RTA =
17.12
> ms
>
> I setup in the host config following:
>
>  check_command                   check_ping!200.0,40%!700.0,60%
>
>  I thought that the ping to 200ms is OK
>  a loss to 40% is ok
>
>  Loss more then 40% is a WARNING and more then 60% is DOWN
>
>  Is that correct or must i setup some else?

You haven't provided enough information to tell. Does the check_ping
command{} make use of those arguments? Did you restart nagios after
setting them? It would seem that one or the other isn't true or you'd
see the results you were expecting. I've never seen a discrepancy like
the otherwise.

--
Marc