check for terminal servers/rdp?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Mon Jan 15 16:33:38 CET 2007

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Hari Sekhon wrote:

The other question being, is there some in-band error sent that's easily
parseable when a terminal server has exceeded its number of allowed logins
(I'd treat this as a WARN, not a CRIT), without having to parse and
screen-scrape the screen image for that dialog box.

-Dan

> If I wanted to test just the port I'd use check_tcp.
>
> I'd like to check that it can properly talk to rdp if I can. For
> example, I also use vnc, so I wrote a bash script around vncsnapshot to
> form a valid plugin to send creds and then pull the screen from the
> machine. Only if it pulled successfully would you get an OK status.
>
> Since I'm moving away from vnc and towards terminal servers I would like
> to be able to implement a similar test, although the login part isn't
> necessary, as long as I can get to the login prompt I know it'll work
> and I don't want to fill up logs with continuous windows logins.
>

> Hari Sekhon
>

> Christian Mies wrote:
>> Hi Hari,
>> what do you want to test? The RDP Port? The Login - Functionality?
>>
>> regards
>> Christian
>>
>> Hari Sekhon schrieb:
>>> Does anybody know if there is a test for Terminal Servers/RDP other
>>> than just check_tcp?
>>>
>>> I couldn't find any on nagios exchange...
>>>

>>> Thanks

"What's with the server farm down in the basement?"

-Spider, Three Skulls Commons at Selden House, 4/15/00