check for terminal servers/rdp?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:41:09 CET 2007

If I wanted to test just the port I'd use check_tcp.

I'd like to check that it can properly talk to rdp if I can. For
example, I also use vnc, so I wrote a bash script around vncsnapshot to
form a valid plugin to send creds and then pull the screen from the
machine. Only if it pulled successfully would you get an OK status.

Since I'm moving away from vnc and towards terminal servers I would like
to be able to implement a similar test, although the login part isn't
necessary, as long as I can get to the login prompt I know it'll work
and I don't want to fill up logs with continuous windows logins.

Hari Sekhon