email help

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 21:24:18 CET 2007

To repeat myself from your other thread, please do not top post. It's
bad manners, and makes for unreadable archives of the mailing list.

On 1/10/07, Nedim Bicic <nedo72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get emails on my local machine its a sendmail option on the linux box
> whenever a host goes down it sends it to nagios mailbox on the local server
> cant i somehow redirect it so it can send it to nedo72 at gmail.com
> i tried adding myself to the contact group but says i am not part of the
> group

Then you have not configured your contacts and groups correctly.

> and there is nothing in the manual or creating seprate pipes for email just
> says add email under contacts

You don't need to create pipes. You need a properly configured mail
server. The inter-tubes will take care of it from there.

> do you guys have a link that shows how to set this up

Yes. In the documentation, that stuff we keep recommending that you
read -> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/xodtemplate.html

George Orwell