general

Nedim Bicic nedo72 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:05:53 CET 2007

ok here is exactly what i get when i run the folwing command when i try to
restart nagios
I guess this mean its working when i restart it using follwing command

*> /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios restart*
Running configuration check...done
Stopping network monitor: nagios
Waiting for nagios to exit . done.
Starting network monitor: nagios

Then i try to run this bellow is it set up right i dont know you tell me
guys

*> nagios -v /etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios restart*

Nagios 2.4
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 05-31-2006
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error in configuration file '/etc/rc.d/init.d/nagios' - Line 31 (NULL
variable)

***> The name of the main configuration file looks suspicious...

     Make sure you are specifying the name of the MAIN configuration file on
     the command line and not the name of another configuration file.  The
     main configuration file is typically '/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed.

Nagios 2.4
Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 05-31-2006
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Cannot open main configuration file '/etc/nagios' for reading!

***> The name of the main configuration file looks suspicious...

     Make sure you are specifying the name of the MAIN configuration file on
     the command line and not the name of another configuration file.  The
     main configuration file is typically '/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg'

***> One or more problems was encountered while processing the config
files...

     Check your configuration file(s) to ensure that they contain valid
     directives and data defintions.  If you are upgrading from a previous
     version of Nagios, you should be aware that some variables/definitions
     may have been removed or modified in this version.  Make sure to read
     the HTML documentation regarding the config files, as well as the
     'Whats New' section to find out what has changed

thanks