Notification at beginning of service window

Peter van den Berg pvandenberg at mirabeau.nl
Mon Jan 8 17:23:26 CET 2007

Hi all

I have defined a timeperiod within which I want to be notified of
problems. When a problem arises during this period, I do get notified
immediatly, so no problems there.

However, if the problem starts outside this timeperiod, I am not
notified at the beginning of the timeperiod.

For instance:
My service and host checks run 24x7
My timeperiod for notification is 08:00-18:00
My notification interval is 120
When a problem arises at 07:15, I get my first notification at 09:15
(120 minutes after first).
However, I would like to get notified at 08:00 (without changing the
interval)

Is this possible?

Details:
Nagios 2.6

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name 24x7
        alias           24 Hours/day, 7 Days/week
        monday          00:00-24:00
        tuesday         00:00-24:00
        wednesday       00:00-24:00
        thursday        00:00-24:00
        friday          00:00-24:00
        saturday        00:00-24:00
        sunday          00:00-24:00
}

define timeperiod{
        timeperiod_name test
        alias           test
        monday          08:00-18:00
        tuesday         08:00-18:00
        wednesday       08:00-18:00
        thursday        08:00-18:00
        friday          08:00-18:00
        saturday        08:00-18:00
        sunday          08:00-18:00
}

define contact{
        contact_name                    sms
        alias                           SMS notificatie
        host_notification_period        test
        service_notification_period     test
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           *******@gin.nl
}

define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       sms
        alias                   sms notificatie
        members                 nagios,peter,sms
}

define service{
        host_name               watermeloen
        service_description     PING
	  max_check_attempts      3
        normal_check_interval   1
        retry_check_interval    1
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    u,c,r,f
        check_command           check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
	  contact_groups          sms
}

Thanks,

Peter van den Berg