Nagios Strategies

Matthew Joyce MJoyce at ccia.unsw.edu.au
Wed Jan 3 04:49:43 CET 2007

Josh,

I am just checking that the service is in a running state, I'm checking
the SNMP service state via SNMP.
That should be fine yes ?

I too have sent he SNMP service fail but appear running and dealt with
the torrent of notifications.
I wrote a python script to search my services.cfg for definitions
name-beings-with 'win_snmp', and generate a service dependency config
for each host.
I'll try some tests later this month.

I hope a simple same host service dependency directive will be included
with v3.

mj