Fwd: Uptime error

sujith h sujith.linux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:43:17 CET 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sujith h <sujith.linux at gmail.com>
Date: Feb 28, 2007 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Uptime error

Actually we used check_ping till 5 months before and then we decided to move
on to uptime .
The reason is that suppose I have a machine named don whose ip is
192.102.1.2
and if my machine is down for 1 day. And some other guy in my office started
his machine
his dhcpclient will run and give my ip (Think as if for the time being). Now
the ping will
work in any case but the uptime wont. So that is why I decided to move on
with uptime
in Host check.

Sujith

Bangalore