Using Nagios to restart a Power Strip, Switch, Router, etc. via SNMP

patrickm patrickm at garlic.com
Thu Feb 22 02:27:38 CET 2007

Hello,

I've been scouring Google all day long and I can't seem to find anything regarding Nagios being able to reboot switches, routers, or power strips via SNMP.  We have some HP Procurve Switches, Some Cisco 7200 Routers, and some APC Power strips, all being monitored via SNMP already and via Nagios, but it would be great if we could reboot these devices (or sections of the power strip by outlet) using SNMP write permissions.

Is this possible?