Adding hosts and services

Josh Yost Josh.Yost at epsiia.com
Thu Feb 1 20:02:11 CET 2007

Nedim Bicic wrote:
> yeah i can create subdirectory for hosts and services and make a pointer in
> nagios.cfg but let me ask you could you have multiple host.cfg files and
> service.cfg files on the local host
>
> for example splitting hosts into areas and serivces into regions
>
> also my cpu is spiking in terms of processing i wonder if thats caused
> by my
> updated of host and services that are in the same files.???

Hi,
  If you define a cfg_dir, then it reads anything in that dir w/ a .cfg
extension.  So yes, you can split it into as many files as you like.

>From the nagios.cfg:

# You can also tell Nagios to process all config files (with a .cfg
# extension) in a particular directory by using the cfg_dir
# directive as shown below:

#cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/servers
#cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/printers
#cfg_dir=/etc/nagios/switches