Perpetual notifications.

Max Hetrick maxhetrick at verizon.net
Thu Dec 27 22:31:12 CET 2007

Matt Lozier wrote:

> Is there any way to have Nagios send out notifications for a problem
> only **once**.
>
> About every half hour I get an e-mail notifying me that a host or
> service is down, but I’m already aware of this.  I do want to be
> notified, but only once.  If the host goes down at 5:30 pm, I only want
> to be notified again once the host is back up.
>
> Any help and all suggestions are welcomed and **appreciated**!

First, I would suggest reading the documentation, specifically the
object configuration files documentation, for the version you are
running before asking questions like this. If you read it, this question
will be quickly answered.

Nagios 2.x <http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/>
Nagios 3.x <http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/>

Set the notification_interval parameter on your hosts and services to 0.

Regards,
Max