problems 'make install'-ing PNP on CentOS 4.x+Nagios 2.10

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Tue Dec 18 03:17:33 CET 2007

On 12/17/07, Roger <Roger at nagioswiki.com> wrote:

> I'm having problems "make install"-ing PNP (PNP is not Perfparse), and I
> suspect it's because I have not inserted the correct parameters on configure
> for CentOS 4.x / Nagios 2.10 (installed via RPMforge package).
>
> When I run the following:
>

> ./configure --bindir=/usr/bin --libexec=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins
> --sysconfdir=/etc/nagios --with-perfdata-dir=/var/log/nagios/perfdata
> --datadir=/usr/share/nagios
>

> I get this:
>

> *** Configuration summary for pnp 0.4.3 13-10-2007 ***:
>

>  General Options:
>  -------------------------
>         Nagios user/group:  nagios,nagios
>         Install ${prefix}:  /usr/local/nagios
>                  HTML Dir:  /usr/share/nagios
>                Config Dir:  /etc/nagios/
>           Path to rrdtool:  /usr/bin/rrdtool
>       RRD Files stored in:  /var/log/nagios/perfdata
>                 Is Update:  Please backup your installation!
>

> After I run the configure script, I run "make all" and then "make
> install", it's supposed to put the compiled code in /usr/local/nagios,
> right?
>

> But when I look there, all I see in /usr/local/nagios/man/man1 is the fil
> 'pnpsender.1'
>

> (I'm trying to get over this hump so that I can follow the rest of the
> instructions here:  http://www.ederdrom.de/pnp/doc<http://www.ederdrom.de/pnp/doc_complete>
> _complete <http://www.ederdrom.de/pnp/doc_complete> )

Whoops, forgot to mention that I get the following when I run a "make
install"

do /usr/bin/install -c -m 664 -o nagios -g nagios $file /usr/share/nagios;
done
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `pnp/*.php': No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/pnp-0.4.3/share'
make: *** [install] Error 2