Host parenting and notification supression...

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Dec 17 20:45:35 CET 2007

notifications.

Yes, that's how it works. The documentation is here --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/networkreachability.html

What you may be getting caught by is that nagios changes the status from
Down to Unreachable for those hosts. If your notification_options
includes the (u)nreachable flag, you'll still receive notifications
about those hosts.

--
Marc