check_by_ssh

mark redding mwjredding at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:18:39 CET 2007

Hi,

On 10/12/2007, Peter Lauda <plauda at csky.com> wrote:

> I've set up a test command to run a remote check_load using check_by_ssh and
> when I run it manually it works as expected. When it is run in the nagios
> framework I get the "(No output!)" result.

Are you absolutely sure that the account you are running it from
manually is the same as the account that the nagios daemon is running
under - I've lost count of the number of times I've seen/responded to
posts here where the "manual run" was using a different account to the
daemon run.

Further, what is the big concern about running nrpe ??? I have a
number of mission critical systems that all run nrpe. Configured with
the correct "allowed_hosts" list, with "nrpe_user" & "nrpe_group" set
to the right type of account, and the "dont_blame_nrpe=0" parameter
set (in order to prevent arguments being passed to nrpe) I really
can't see what the risk is (someone like to enlighten me ?).

--
bright blessings,
Mark