host and service commands

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Wed Dec 12 16:26:51 CET 2007

Too much top posting to respond easily

<SNIP>

> So are you saying the service commands run before the host commands?

The host command doesn't "run" on a schedule as such. Once state is
established the host check will not run unless a service on the host fails
in the 2.x series. This is my understanding and it could be wrong so feel
free to correct me. Therefore the service command runs before the host
command in essence but it is a bad description as the service checks run
without regard for the host check until a service check fails. There is
more in depth explanation that can be done but the short answer is that
the question assumes a schedule of events that is not entirely accurate.