obsessing and event handlers

mark redding mwjredding at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 16:06:59 CET 2007

Hi all,

On 29/11/2007, mark redding <mwjredding at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone here tell me where I'm going wrong in my attempts to
> correctly setup a slave nagios server.

> However, when I checked the system today I have found that although an
> event handler should have been executed overnight, it did NOT get
> executed.

It seems that when I restarted nagios using the root account then the
event handlers would not fire (although the process itself became
nagios), but was fixed by ensuring that the restart took place using
the nagios account itself (achieved using su - nagios -C "...")

Just posting this in case it catches any one else out.

--
bright blessings,
Mark