nsclient, is it still an acceptable method to monitor nt

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Dec 6 23:22:08 CET 2007

Michael Medin wrote:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra skrev:
>> Sex, 2007-11-09 às 11:35 +0100, Andreas Ericsson escreveu:
>>
>> NSClient++ has a nasty bug on the option to check services. It can't
>> handle services that contain white space in their names.
>>
> Humm...
> Is this true?

Not that I know of, and I certainly didn't write that.

> source at gotrek:~/src$ check_nrpe -H 192.168.0.147 -c CheckServiceState -a
> ShowAll "COM+ Event System"
> OK: COM+ Event System: started
>
> source at gotrek:~/src$ check_nt -H 192.168.0.147 -p 12489  -v SERVICESTATE
> "-lCOM+ Event System" -d SHOWALL
>  COM+ Event System: Started
>
> But maybe I missunderstood what did not work?

In that case we misunderstood it the same way.

Otoh, if you ever find a service with a vertical tab in its name, that
might not work ;-)

Rui, could it be that you're checking something using the wrong language
for the check, or that you're using the wrong name for the service, or
are there perhaps other characters in the service-name that aren't part
of the us ascii character set (ñ et al comes to mind)?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se