nsclient, is it still an acceptable method to monitor nt

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Thu Dec 6 21:50:19 CET 2007

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra skrev:
> Sex, 2007-11-09 às 11:35 +0100, Andreas Ericsson escreveu:
>
> NSClient++ has a nasty bug on the option to check services. It can't
> handle services that contain white space in their names.

Humm...
Is this true?

source at gotrek:~/src$ check_nrpe -H 192.168.0.147 -c CheckServiceState -a
ShowAll "COM+ Event System"
OK: COM+ Event System: started

source at gotrek:~/src$ check_nt -H 192.168.0.147 -p 12489  -v SERVICESTATE
"-lCOM+ Event System" -d SHOWALL
 COM+ Event System: Started

But maybe I missunderstood what did not work?

// Michael Medin