how to use negate !!

Sjaak Nabuurs VSM Hosting sjaak at vsm-hosting.nl
Thu Dec 6 12:42:13 CET 2007

Hello users

Why isn't this not working or what's wrong !!

./negate "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_ping -H x.x.x.x -w1,10%
-c2,20% -t 1 -p 1"
PING CRITICAL - Packet loss = 100%

where x.x.x.x is an IP who's blocked by the firewall.

I like to check if the firewall is up and okay.

But i guess i use negate in a wrong way.
I read the help file and i don't know anymore ????
Look at this one

./negate "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_procs -a 'httpd'"
PROCS OK: 10 processes with args 'httpd'

Thanks

Sjaak