Cisco Physical port status check using nagios

Sekhar radhiilu at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 14:22:40 CEST 2007

thank you very much for your help.I need to check phisical cisco port is working or not that means it is alive or dead this can be achived using check_ifoperstatus

Marc Powell <marc at ena.com> wrote:

> [...]

check_ifoperstatus would be the way to go, IMHO. If you're monitoring a
router with just a few interfaces, you can use it to look for the
interface by name --

$ ./check_ifoperstatus -H -C -d
GigabitEthernet1/2
OK: Interface GigabitEthernet1/2 (index 2) is up.

If you're monitoring a router with lots of interfaces, a friendlier way
of using check_ifoperstatus is to specify the index directly instead of
trying to figure it out (the index is the important part). Note that
possibility exists the index can change on router reboot. --

./check_ifoperstatus -H -C -k 2
OK: Interface GigabitEthernet1/2 (index 2) is up.

--
Marc