Can Nagios keep the data returned from the services?

Thu Aug 30 13:33:55 CEST 2007

Hi Chris,

I'm looking at the possibility of doing this myself over the coming months.
Unfortunately, I can only give you a pointer.  I believe what you're looking
for is performance data - that is, when a plugin returns it's output, a
specially crafted string at the end of the output (containing the statistics
- e.g cpu usage, memory usage etc) for that particular plugin can be parsed
by Nagios and processed in some way.

However, not having done this, I'm not privy to how it works - lookup the
performance-related config directives in the Nagios 2 documentation, I'm
sure this will provide an insight.

Andy.