Return code of 136 is out of bounds.

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Aug 27 14:19:15 CEST 2007

Marc Powell wrote:

> [...]

He must indeed mean 126. 136 is impossible, as a program's return-code
is given to its caller as a signed char value.

In this case, 126 *usually* means "ENOPERM", an error you'll see if
a program tries to execute a file that doesn't have the execute flag
set, or if the user trying to execute the program lacks the permissions
to execute the given file. Since the OP stated all the plugins are
owned by the nagios user, I'd assume a simple

	chmod +x /path/to/nagios/plugins/*

would suffice.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se