NDOutils on FreeBSD -- solved

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Aug 22 16:49:15 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:37:21PM +0100, Ton Voon wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2007, at 15:20, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> >>You need to run aclocal -I m4 && autoconf in the top level directory
> >>before you run configure.
> >>
> >>The configure log doesn't have any entries re: mysql_config which is
> >>what this patch will try to use.
> >
> >Sorry, still no joy.  This was with aclocal14 and autoconf259; are
> >particular versions required?  (I'm a BSD guy, so this aclocal and
> >autoconf stuff is foreign, sorry.)
>
> Can you try with a higher automake (where aclocal comes from)? You
> need at least 1.9.2, I think.
>
> Can you also try the nagiosplugins and see if check_mysql compiles
> there?

The nagios plugins port requires automake 1.9.6 and automake 259, so I
tried that.  No reference to mysql_config in the configure log.

> I'll try and create a new tarball for ndoutils later today for you to
> try. I'll post on our blog site.

Let me know, I'm happy to test.

If we can make ndoutils compile cleanly on FreeBSD, I'll try to get it
in as a port.

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Coming Soon: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com