NDOutils on FreeBSD -- solved

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Aug 22 16:37:21 CEST 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 15:20, Michael W. Lucas wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:11:38PM +0100, Ton Voon wrote:
>>
>> On 22 Aug 2007, at 14:23, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
>>
>>> No joy.  I did the following:
>>>
>>> download the patch and the np_mysqlclient.m4 into my home dir.
>>>
>>> extract a clean ndoutils, go into it
>>>
>>> patch < ../ndoutils_better_mysql_detection_cvs.patch
>>>
>>> mkdir m4
>>> mv ../np_mysqlclient.m4 m4/
>>>
>>> Ran configure, and got:
>>
>> You need to run aclocal -I m4 && autoconf in the top level directory
>> before you run configure.
>>
>> The configure log doesn't have any entries re: mysql_config which is
>> what this patch will try to use.
>
> Sorry, still no joy.  This was with aclocal14 and autoconf259; are
> particular versions required?  (I'm a BSD guy, so this aclocal and
> autoconf stuff is foreign, sorry.)

Can you try with a higher automake (where aclocal comes from)? You
need at least 1.9.2, I think.

Can you also try the nagiosplugins and see if check_mysql compiles
there?

I'll try and create a new tarball for ndoutils later today for you to
try. I'll post on our blog site.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243