Ndoutils Error

Patrick Morris patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Aug 21 20:36:33 CEST 2007

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, Deepa.V wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > I am new to Nagios. Iam trying to flush the nagios data to Mysql database
> >
> > when i see the log message Iam getting an error as below
> >
> > Aug 20 12:13:18 localhost nagios: ndomod: Error writing to data sink!
> > Some output may get lost.  0 queued items to flush.
> > Aug 20 12:13:34 localhost nagios: ndomod: Successfully reconnected to
> > data sink!  0 items lost, 70 queued items to flush.
> > Aug 20 12:13:34 localhost nagios: ndomod: Successfully flushed queued
> > items to data sink.
> > Aug 20 12:15:16 localhost nagios: ndomod: Error writing to data sink!
> > Some output may get lost.  0 queued items to flush.
> > Aug 20 12:15:16 localhost nagios: ndomod: Successfully reconnected to
> > data sink!  0 items lost, 0 queued items to flush.
> > Aug 20 12:15:16 localhost nagios: ndomod: Successfully flushed queued
> > items to data sink.
> >

> > I couldn't see any data flushed to mysql database
> >
> > Can anyone please help me with this

Reposting this over and over without any supporting information probably
isn't going to get you very far, since we don't know what we're dealing
with.

At the bare minimum, you should always provide what version of nagios
you're running. Things like how you have ndomod configured, whether
there are any errors in your MySQL logs, and whether you can connect
to MySQL with your configured username/password outside of Nagios would
be helpful.

Without any of that, the most I can tell you is it looks broken, but you
already knew that.