Nagios fails the SNMP check, command line works fine

Ajitabh Pandey ajitabhpandey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:18:34 CEST 2007

Tom Nail wrote:
> Ajitabh,
> does your target machine have an SNMP v3 secName/password set up for the
> nagios user? This sounds suspiciously like a permissions problem. Try this:
>
> su -l nagios -c "snmpwalk -v 3 -u nagios -X <passwd> target_host"

I will try that today though I doubt that it will work. I am not sure
whether windows supports SNMP 3 or not. I have verifiedin the security
tab on SNMP services properties dialogue that the nagios hosts is
allowed to connect using 'public' read-only community string. All the
monitored machines are windows 2003 and 2000 servers. Running windows
SNMP service and Domino SNMP agent.
> And see what it returns.
> cheers,
> - -=Tom Nail
> Ajitabh Pandey wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I am facing a very strange problem. This problem is only on certain
>> hosts. The monitored hosts are a mix of win2k and win2003 servers with
>> SNMP enabled.
>>
>> When I run the plugins from command line (see below):

<snipped..>