** PROBLEM alert - localhost/Current Load isWARNING **

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Wed Aug 15 10:08:32 CEST 2007

> On 8/14/07, Nedim Bicic <nedo72 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok i forgot Nagios 2.4
> >
> > Basically all i am using it for is simple ping services monitors if
host
> are
> > up or down
> > thats all
>
> That's not what it would appear to be from the check result in your
> subject.

If that is the case, I am guessing that you started with the provided
sample-config files and edited them for your PING services. If all you
want is ping services then stop monitoring the load on the localhost.

I would recommend you simply remove the following lines from your
sample-config:

define service{
        use                             local-service         ; Name of
service template to use
        host_name                       localhost
        service_description             Current Load
        check_command
check_local_load!5.0,4.0,3.0!10.0,6.0,4.0
        }

On the other hand if you are concerned about the load on your system
then Nagios has done it's job and identified that you have a problem
with the system - Now it's time for you to identify the cause of the
problem and get more processors, memory, faster disk arrays and what
not, or, schedule your jobs over a longer time, diagnose the issue and
generally fix it.

There is nothing wrong with a system experiencing load at times, far
more efficient than CPU idle time...