Services dependencies on the same host?

Xavier Mertens xavier at rootshell.be
Mon Aug 13 10:11:39 CEST 2007

Hi *,

I'm trying to reduce the number of notifications when a host is down.
Basically, I'm monitoring:
	icmp,ssh checks, snmp OIDs

I would like to setup some dependencies like:

	icmp

	   +---> tcp_ssh
	   |		|
	   |		+------> ssh checks

	   +---> SNMP OIDs

But I read in the documentation:

1. A service can be dependent on one or more other services 2. A service can
be dependent on services which are not associated with the same host

How can I achieve this? If the server is down (no reply to ICMP requests, do
not perform the other checks)

Regards,
Xavier