Nagios & oreon on ubuntu server 6.10

James james at nttmcl.com
Mon Apr 23 18:15:13 CEST 2007

Riahi Taieb wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to install oreon with my Nagios 2.4 under ubuntu. The
> problem is that in the oreon web config it always shows that I have a
> nagios version 1.X !!
> I think I miss configured oreon, here is the config :
>
> **where is installed nagios? /usr/sbin/nagios2 ( I'v tryed also
> /usr/lib/nagios2)
> **Where are your nagios etc directory ? /etc/nagios2
> **Where are your nagios plugin / libexec directory ?
> /usr/lib/nagios/plugin
> **Where do I install Oreon ? /usr/local/oreon
> **Where is sudo ? /etc/sudoers
> **Where is RRD perl modules RRDs.pm? /usr/bin/rrdtool
>
> humm...any help?
>
> thx
>
> Taieb Riahi
> Service Etudes & Développement
> **TOPNET** - Fournisseur de Service Internet
> 1, Avenue Kheireddine Pacha,
> Imm.Pacha Center, Bloc A, 6ème étage 1073 Tunis
> | Tél.: +21671770770 / +21622101626
> | Poste.: 362
> | Fax.: +21671951031
> | E-mail : taieb.riahi at topnet.tn
> | Site web: www.topnet.tn
Well first off i'd suggest going to the oreon forums for this... there's
some stuff labeled there.
Second the rrds.pm is in the wrong path. you'd wanna adjust that. it's
asking for the perl module not the binary
Third you usually define your nagios version after you run the php install.
It asks which version you're using and sets up the paramaters accordingly