logos-statusmap

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Apr 13 10:05:05 CEST 2007

On 12/04/07, Alicia Calvo <azoecalvo at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Thanks Jim,
>  I just do it but is the same  effect, quadrate empty.
>
> Jim Avery <jim at jimavery.me.uk> escribió:
>  On 10/04/07, Alicia Calvo wrote:
> > Hi, I work with Suse 10.1 and Nagios V2.8. I can't display the *.gd2
> images
> > in my statusmap.
> > I do, for example:
> > pngtogd2 /usr/local/nagios/share/images/win40.png
> > /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos/win40.gd2 1 1
> > and it generate a nuw file .gd2 but whaen i want display it with 'File
> > Manager' the uniques files that can't display are .gd2 and statusmap
> cant't
> > display either.
> >
> > I compile nagios with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib and
> > with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include.
> > In HostDetail and ServiceDetail, png, jpg and gif are ok.
> >
> > Do you notice that? you know any solution?
> > Thanks!!! and sorry for my english!!!
> > AC

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but do you have the relevant
extended host information in your configuration files?  For example:

define hostextinfo {
  host_name           router120
  icon_image          router.gif
  statusmap_image     router.gd2
}

Also make sure you have configured the parent relationships in your
host definitions.

I don't use Suse myself.  If it is any consolation, the Thunar file
manager I use with XUbuntu does not display the .gd2 images either.
Firefox will not display them, nor will the Gimp open them.  They
display ok in the Nagios statusmap though!

It might be worth compiling again and keeping an eye out for any
errors relating to the gd libraries.  It might also be worth trying a
different browser in case that is the problem.