logos-statusmap

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Apr 12 22:48:58 CEST 2007

On 10/04/07, Alicia Calvo <azoecalvo at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi, I work with Suse 10.1 and Nagios V2.8. I can't display the *.gd2 images
> in my statusmap.
> I do, for example:
> pngtogd2 /usr/local/nagios/share/images/win40.png
> /usr/local/nagios/share/images/logos/win40.gd2 1 1
> and it generate a nuw file .gd2 but whaen i want display it with 'File
> Manager' the uniques files that can't display are .gd2 and statusmap cant't
> display either.
>
> I compile nagios with-gd-lib=/usr/local/lib and
> with-gd-inc=/usr/local/include.
> In HostDetail and ServiceDetail, png, jpg and gif are ok.
>
> Do you notice that? you know any solution?
> Thanks!!! and sorry for my english!!!
> AC

It has been a long time since I did this.  To get the syntax, use the
--help option like so:

$ pngtogd2 --help
Usage: pngtogd2 filename.png filename.gd2 cs fmt
    where cs is the chunk size
          fmt is 1 for raw, 2 for compressed

So this tells you that the first argument is the chunk size.  I just
guessed and used 1024, so the syntax I used for the conversion was:

$ pngtogd2 mypicture.png mypicture.gd2 1024 1

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jim