Nagios sents notifi immideatly after recieving syslog error

Thomas Stocking tstocking at groundworkopensource.com
Thu Apr 12 19:11:31 CEST 2007

Yes, You can do this with Foundation, but yes, you have to write the
plugin to query it. Good news is there is a perl API. and examples to do
that.
As you stated your requirements here, I do not think you necessarily
need to install Foundation to get the results you need, unless you are
doing thousands of these checks. Log files will work fine.
I don't know of any plugin offhand that does exactly what you need,
here, so I suggest you hire some help if the plugins you can get for
free don't quite do the job.
If you do decide to use GroundWork, we do that kind of custom plugin
development, and we put the results into our open source package, so
everybody wins :)
    Thomas