Files locking might be an issue for scalability?

Sebastian Ganame sganame at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Apr 10 17:47:38 CEST 2007

Hi Marc (& others that answered my question),
    I share your mindset that if using polling 1K instances every 10 seconds (or so) wouldn't make any sense.
      When I post file locking might be an issue, I was not thinking on a pull mechanism for services (Nagios trying to retrieve information), but in Nagios being pushed by services for this kind of info. As far as I read from documentation, for a push schema, the monitored instance has to write a given file inside Nagios structure to update his status.
    What do you think about this?
    Regards,

Sebastian