Files locking might be an issue for scalability?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Apr 10 17:33:13 CEST 2007

AFAIK, there is only ever 1 nagios process that writes the status files
at the interval specified by status_update_interval presuming
aggregate_status_updates is enabled, and it should for that many
services. File contention isn't an issue, but how long it takes to
actually write the file might be if you actually want to see
up-to-the-second status information in the web interface.

I personally think you're going to have other scalability issues when
trying to actually perform 10,000 checks every 10 seconds. That's
extremely aggressive IMHO and I believe you'd be breaking new ground.
I'm aware of other installations with that many services but I believe
they're at a more sane check interval of 5 minutes or longer.

--
Marc