Service Group Summary Changing Numbers

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Mon Apr 9 17:35:52 CEST 2007

All,

I have something going on that I consider very weird happening. Under service group summary my numbers are changing on refresh of the browser when there are no devices down. I have 4 different host groups on that page, but in one group I have 70 devices. You login it shows 70 devices up then you do a refresh and it will show 60 devices up none down when you know you have 70, next refresh it may show 68devices up none down. I know it all sounds like baby talk but it is some what difficult for me to explain. It does this under the hostgroup summary as well.

I have been on this list for a long time and have never had to post because through reading the emails and searching the archives I have been able to achieve what I needed to for my environment, but I could not find anything close to what I am seeing now.

Nagios is Version 2.7 updated this past weekend had I known and was paying attention I would have waited on the 2.8 release from this weekend :)
Running on Solaris and Sun V880 Platform 4cpu's 8gig of mem.

The server is no where close to being over loaded. Thing is I do not know if this was happening on the previous version. Of course when you announce a major change or upgrade people really start to pay close attention to the tools they use.

Oh yeah one last thing these devices being monitored are Cisco devices with the check_command check-router-alive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.