nrpe stopped working after upgrade

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Sun Apr 8 16:31:10 CEST 2007

Hi Henrik

Is this the same when you run check_nrpe yourself manually?
I.e. from the console as the Nagios user, run check_nrpe -H linux -c
check_home - do you get "No output ..."?

In NRPE's config file, are you using sudo as the command_prefix?
I had a lot of problems that took a while to figure out - sudo was
requiring a console which nrpe doesn't have.  Removing the "defaults
requiretty" from my /etc/sudoers file did the trick.

Andy.