NRPE: Could not complete SSL handshake

Jeffrey Lensen jeffrey at hyves.nl
Sun Apr 8 11:28:34 CEST 2007

Do you have something like a nagios.log file? Where Nagios logs its
alerts, external commands,etc? You can set this in your nagios.cfg file.
In here you should see something like:
[1175986495] SERVICE ALERT:
${host};${servicecheck};CRITICAL;SOFT;1;CHECK_NRPE: Could not complete
SSL handshake

This should give you an idea where the problem lies.

- Jeffrey