cgi auth problems

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:32:23 CEST 2007

Hi Benoit,

Like Marc said, this is a mailing list and not everyone posts get an
answers, Also this is typically a busy week for many  Americans; being the
week before Easter Sunday.

I have been experiencing a similar issue to yours.
for more information that may help clarify your issue,
you go to do something through the Web interface and you get the permission
error page thingy
then after tinkering for a bit you may(may not) get it working but latter it
fails again.
I found this was due to my configuration,
The /nagios/var/rw directory was owned by a nagioscmd group
while most my configuration and settings were using the nagios group.

I am still working on trying to fix this conflict but my symptoms were
similar to what you described so I think your problem may be a
similar source.  I just installed Nagios last week,  so I am also still
working through some of these minor issues (that I probably induced myself)
I just used the change owner command on the RW directory and the
nagios.cmdfile to change their group. I hope this resolves the issue
but I am still
testing.

TOny