cgi auth problems

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Apr 6 16:40:55 CEST 2007

It's a mailing list. Everyone that wanted to see it did... ;) Generally
when you don't get a response your request is too vague, you haven't
provided enough information and asking for it is too tedious, you
haven't indicated what troubleshooting you've done and the results, it's
a FAQ or nobody has seen the problem as you describe it.

> I have a debian sarge with nagios 2.8. Everything works fine, except
one
> thing: sometimes, without any reasons, i have the following message on
the
> nagios web pages:
>
> "It appears as though you do not have permission to view information
for
> any of the services you requested...

Does nagios show you logged in as the user you expect? Do you see any
errors in your HTTP error log? Is nagios restarting or reloading when
you see this notice? Is there anything consistent about when it's
happening? Those are some good starting points for troubleshooting.

> I checked in the ml or the forums, i saw a lot of complaints about
that
> (without solutions) or misconfigured nagios, but i'm sure my nagios is
> correctly configured.

There are many complaints and many solutions. 98% of the time it's user
misconfiguration. For something intermittent like you're reporting it's
likely to be something unusual and hence, hard to diagnose without more
troubleshooting on your part.

> /nagios/etc is readable & executable by nagios.www-data. So, even the
> apache group could access to the etc directory, where is the cgi.cfg

How about the nagios var directory? All those files must be readable by
your webserver. That's were the CGI's are reading the object and status
data.

> By the way, is there any way to check the uptime with the nrpe daemon
of a
> linux node?

Here, I've googled for you --

http://www.google.com/search?q=nagios+check_uptime