event_handlers through nrpe?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:55:58 CEST 2007

my event handlers run over ssh but this doesn't seem difficult to do at
all, just create an event handler script, copy it to the remote machine
and then put a command in the nrpe.cfg for that machine.

[event_handler_name]=/path/my_event_handler_script.sh

then create a checkcommand like so

define command{
    command_name    blah_event_handler
    command_line        check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c event_handler_name
}

then just add the line

event_handler    blah_event_handler

to the service definition