nagios don't send mail

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Thu Sep 21 23:18:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/21/2006 10:54 PM, Carlos SXnchez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have configured a host and the sevice, when I lost communication with
> that host I must to receive a email but I don�t, what am I configuring bad?
>
> These are my logs
>
> Sep 21 13:19:37 segacc nagios: HOST EVENT HANDLER:
> prueba;DOWN;HARD;10;notify-by-email
>
> Sep 21 13:19:37 segacc nagios: Warning: Attempting to execute the
> command "/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type:
> \n\nService: \nHost: prueba\nAddress: 192.168.xxx.xxx\nState:
> \n\nDate/Time: Thu Sept 21 13:19:37 ECT 2006\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n" |
> -s "**  alert - prueba/ is  **" " resulted in a return code of 127.
> Make sure the script or binary you are trying to execute actually exists...

Your notification command is not configured correctly. Usually you'd see
a mail program like 'mail' between the "|" and "-s" in the command
definition.

Just insert the mail program you use on your server there, and make sure
the -s switch does set the subject.

On most common unix(like) systems, the command "mail" should work
correctly. Then, make sure your local mail transport program aka mail
server is set up correctly :-)

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de